Sharing your information with Elections Canada

This question is used by the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Elections Canada to keep your and your spouse’s or common-law partner’s (if applicable) information up to date on the National Register of Electors (maintained by Elections Canada).

If you’re a Canadian citizen and allow the CRA to share your information (name, address, date of birth, and citizenship) with Elections Canada, you'll be sent a voter information card telling you when and where to vote in the event of a federal election or referendum.


Note: Your and/or your spouse’s authorization is only valid until you file your next return.

What if I don’t want to share my information with Elections Canada?

If you don’t want the CRA to share your information with Elections Canada, select No in response to this question. If your information is already in the National Register of Electors, Elections Canada will leave it as is.

Note: By not sharing your information with Elections Canada, you don’t give up your right to vote! Refer to the Elections Canada website for more information.