A Relevé 31 (RL-31) slip reports information about an eligible leased dwelling* for which rent was paid or was payable on December 31 and is filed with Revenu Québec by the owner of the rental property. If you’re a tenant or a subtenant of a leased dwelling, you’ll receive a copy of the RL-31 slip (RL-31.CS), which you’ll need to claim the Solidarity Tax Credit.
*An eligible dwelling is a house, apartment, room, or similar place of residence in Québec that acts as your principal residence. An eligible dwelling doesn’t include low-rental housing, a room in a hotel, etc.
What information will my RL-31 slip contain?
Your RL-31 slip will include the following information:
- Box A – Dwelling number
- Box B – Total number of tenants and subtenants
- Box C – Address of the dwelling
- Name and address of the tenants and subtenants who signed the lease
- Name and address of the landlord
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:
- On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:
- Type RL-31 or relevé 31 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the page for your RL-31 slip, enter your information into the tax software.