Relevé 2: Retirement and annuity income

Relevé 2: Retirement and annuity income slip is issued to residents of Québec who’ve either earned or transferred one or more of the following amounts:

  • Retirement income
  • Annuity income
  • Amounts paid to a surviving spouse
  • Amounts paid to someone after the death of an annuitant
  • Contributions or premiums that a retired employee paid to a private health services plan

This list not complete. For more information regarding your RL-2 slip, refer to the Revenu Québec website.

Note: Certain types of accrued income, taxable benefits, and amounts you’ve transferred to another plan or fund won’t be reported on your RL-2 slip. For more information on these amounts, refer to the Revenu Québec website.

Who issues RL-2 slips?

An RL-2 slip can be issued to you by any of the following:

  • Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) and Registered Retirement Income Fund (RRIF) issuers
  • Pooled Registered Pension Plan (PRPP) and Voluntary Retirement Savings plan (VRSP) administrators
  • Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) trustees
  • Payers of retirement benefits, annuities, and income-averaging annuities

Note: If you received an RL-2 slip, you’ll also receive a federal T4AP slip.

I was expecting an RL-2 slip but I didn’t receive one. What should I do?

If you haven’t received an RL-2 slip and you were expecting one, try:

  • Contacting your financial institution directly to receive a duplicate
  • Contacting Revenu Québec by calling 1 (800) 267-6299
  • Logging into My Account on the Revenu Québec website or
  • Visiting the Retraite Québec website

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You’ll find yourself here: 


  2. Type RL-2 or relevé 2 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for the RL-2 slip, enter your information into the tax software.

Note: If your RL-2 slip has an amount in Box C you’ll need to indicate the source of this income.