Relevé 30: Subsidized educational childcare

You’ll receive a Relevé 30 (RL-30) slip if your child received subsidized educational childcare during the year. The information found on your RL-30 slip is used to determine any additional contributions you might have to pay based on the information entered in your return.

Your RL-30 slip will be issued by one of the following:

  • A childcare centre
  • A subsidized daycare centre or
  • The coordinating office of your recognized home childcare provider

What is the additional contribution amount?

Subsidized childcare fees include basic contribution and additional contribution amounts. Basic contributions are charged per day, per child and are paid directly to the service provider. Additional contributions (if applicable), are payable to Revenu Québec and are based on your family income, the number of children who received subsidized childcare, and the number of days such care was provided to each child.

Important: If you’re reporting the amounts found on your paper RL-30 slip on your 2017 return, you’ll also need to enter the net income reported on your (and your spouse’s, if applicable) 2016 Québec return. H&R Block’s tax software will use this information to determine whether or not you’re required to make an additional contribution related to your subsidized childcare expenses.

Follow these steps to enter your 2016 net income in H&R Block’s tax software:

  1. On the WRAP-UP tab, locate the Dependant amounts page under the OPTIMIZATION icon:


  2. Under the Additional questions related to your RL-30 slips heading, enter the net income you reported on your 2016 Québec return* into the designated field of the tax software.


* This information can be found on line 275 of your 2016 Québec return or on your most recent Revenu Québec notice of assessment.

Is there a way to find out how much my additional contributions will be before I complete my return?

You can estimate your additional contribution amount using Revenu Québec’s Additional contribution for childcare calculator. Once you’ve determined the additional contribution amount (if any), you can either set aside a specific amount each month, or ask your employer to withhold additional income tax from your paycheck.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block's 2017 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure that you’ve told us:

  • that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2017
  • about your dependants
  1. On the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You’ll find yourself here:


  2. Type RL-30 or relevé 30 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for your RL-30, enter your information into the tax software.