Relevé 25: Income from a profit-sharing plan (RL-25)

You’ll receive an Relevé 25 (RL-25) slip from your employer or trustee if you’re the beneficiary of a profit-sharing plan and you live in Québec.

Note: Canadian residents living outside of Québec who’re enrolled in a profit-sharing plan will be issued a T4PS: Statement of Employee Profit-Sharing Plan Allocations and Payments instead.


What information does the RL-25 slip report?

Your RL-25 slip will report the dividends and capital gains (or losses) that have been allocated to you as a member of the plan, as well as any Québec income tax that’s withheld on these disbursements. Additional amounts that can also be found on your RL-25 slip include:

  • Foreign income
  • Foreign income tax on non-business income
  • Foreign capital gains realized
  • Capital gains (or losses) from qualified property
  • Amounts on which Québec Pension Plan (QPP) contributions were made
  • Amounts on which QPP contributions weren’t made

Where do I enter this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block's 2017 tax software:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You'll find yourself here: 


  2. Type RL-25 or relevé 25 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue. 

  3. When you arrive at the RL-25 page, enter your information into the tax software.