T5007: Statement of benefits

The T5007 slip reports the amount of workers’ compensation benefits and social assistance payments you received during the year from a provincial, territorial, municipal agency or a board.

While generally non-taxable, the income reported on your T5007 slip is used to determine your eligibility to receive certain federal and provincial credits (like the GST/HST credit and the Canada child Benefit).

Note: If you’re filing a Québec return, you’ll also need to add the information from your corresponding Relevé 5 slip into the tax software.

Tax Tip: If you lived with a spouse or common-law partner and you received social assistance payments during the year, the spouse with the higher income must be the one to report the assistance payments, even if their name isn’t on the slip. If your net income is identical, the person whose name appears on the slip must report these benefits.

Where do I enter this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You'll find yourself here:


  2. Type T5007 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for your T5007 slip, enter your information into the tax software.