Relevé 10: Tax credit for a labour-sponsored fund (RL-10)

You’ll receive a Relevé 10 (RL-10) slip if you purchased shares in investments that qualify for the labour-sponsored fund tax credit. Specifically, your RL-10 slip reports the shares you purchased in 2017 (or in the first 60 days of 2018) in one of the following investments:

  • Class A shares in Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ) or
  • Class A or B shares in Fondaction

Am I eligible?

You can only claim the tax credit mentioned above if you were the first person to own the shares. Even as the first purchaser, there are a number of situations that could make you ineligible to claim the credit, all of which are described in detail on the Revenu Québec website

I was expecting an RL-10 slip but didn’t receive one. What should I do?

If you didn’t receive an RL-10 slip and you were expecting one, you can contact either the FTQ or Fondaction – whichever is applicable – to request a duplicate copy. You can also contact Revenu Québec by calling 1-800-267-6299.

Do the amounts I’ve paid to purchase shares in Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité des travailleurs du Québec (FTQ) qualify for the RRSP deduction?

Unfortunately, you don’t automatically qualify for the RRSP deduction if you purchased shares in the Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité FTQ. You should talk to a specialist at the Fondaction or the Fonds de solidarité FTQ to find out if your purchase of shares qualifies for the RRSP deduction. Click here for more information on how these shares and your RRSP are related.


Where can I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You’ll find yourself here:


  2. Type RL-10 or relevé 10 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue. 

  3. When you arrive at the page for your RL-10 slip, enter your information into the tax software.