Schedule B is used to figure out the following refundable and non-refundable credit amounts that can be claimed on your Québec return:
- Age amount
- Amount for a person living alone
- Amount for retirement income
- Amount for medical expenses and
- Independent living tax credit for seniors
Note: The eligibility requirements for each of these credits will vary. For more information or to find out if you’re eligible to claim them, click the link(s) above that applies to you.
Where do I claim this?
Fortunately, you won’t need to complete Schedule B on your return; H&R Block’s tax software will automatically complete this page for you based on the information you entered elsewhere in your return.
You will, however, need to enter additional information if you’re claiming:
Where can I learn more?
- Guide to the Income Tax Return TP-1.G-V (Revenu Québec website)