Your T4E: Statement of employment insurance and other benefits slip shows you the employment insurance and other benefits you received or repaid in the year, and any income tax that was taken off from these amounts. You’ll get a T4E if you had:
- Amounts paid to you because you lost your job through no fault of your own
- Work-sharing benefits
- Financial assistance because you were part of an approved employment program
- Maternity and/or parental benefits
- Tuition assistance
Note: If you didn’t receive a T4E slip and you think you should have, you can check your My Service Canada account (if you’re registered), and view and print any copies you find in there. You can also contact Service Canada at 1-800-206-7218 to have duplicate slips sent to you.
If you’re a Québec resident and received benefits under the Employment Insurance Program, you may get a T4E(Q) slip. You should enter your T4E(Q) slip as if it is a T4E slip (the calculations will be the same).
For parental benefits under the Québec Parental Insurance Plan, you’ll get an Relevé 6: Régime québécois d'assurance parentale slip. You’ll need to enter the information from both your T4E (or T4E(Q)) slip and your RL-6 slip into the tax software.
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:
- Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Type T4E in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
- When you arrive at the appropriate page for your T4E slip, enter your information into the tax software.
Remember: if you have a T4E(Q) slip, you should enter it exactly as the steps describe for a T4E slip.
Note: If you also have an RL-6 slip to enter, repeat Step 1 above, type in RL6 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue. When you arrive at the page for your Relevé 6: Régime québécois d'assurance parentale, enter your information into the tax software.