Relevé 21: Farm support payments (Paiements de soutien agricole) (RL-21)

Note: H&R Block’s 2017 tax software doesn’t support returns claiming payments received through the AgriStability and/or Agrilnvest Programs. Please contact the retail office closest to you and one of our Tax Experts will be happy to help (fees will apply).

As a farmer living in Québec, you might receive a Relevé 21: Farm support payments (RL-21) (French only) and a AGR-1: Statement of farm support payments reporting the government support payments you received.

The information from your RL-21 slip doesn’t automatically transfer onto your federal return – it only transfers onto your provincial return. You’ll need to use your RL-21 and your AGR-1 to complete your federal T2042: Statement of farming activities.

You’ll also need the information found on your RL-21 slip to complete certain parts of a corporate, partnership, or trust income tax return for your farming business (if applicable), specifically:

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block's 2017 tax software: 

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You will find yourself here:


  2. Type relevé 21 or RL-21 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.

  3. When you arrive at the page for your RL-21, enter your information into the tax software.