RC210: Working Income Tax Benefit (WITB) advance payments statement

If you received advanced payments of the working income tax benefit (WITB), they’ll be reported on your RC210 slip. The WITB is a refundable tax credit for low-income Canadians who had employment or  business income.

You can choose to receive up to half of the WITB in advance. The benefit amount that isn’t given to you as an advance payment will be shown in box 10 of your RC210 slip, and you’ll be credited this amount when the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) assesses your return.

Note: To receive the WITB advance payments, you need to apply each year by submitting a completed RC201: Working Income Tax Benefit Advance Payments Application form to the CRA. The CRA accepts applications for WITB advance payments after January 1st and before September 1st each year.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

  1. Under the QUICK ENTRY tab, click the QUICK SLIP icon. You'll find yourself here:


  2. Type RC210 in the search field and either click the highlighted selection or press Enter to continue.
  3. When you get to your RC210 page, enter your information into the tax software.