TP-22-V: Income Tax Payable by an Individual Who Carries on a Business in Canada, Outside Québec

If you were a resident of Québec on December 31 and ran one or more businesses in Canada that earned income (either partially or entirely) from a location outside of Québec, you’ll need to use form TP-22-V to calculate your income tax payable.

Important: You don’t need to complete the TP-22-V if all your businesses sustained a net loss during the year.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2017.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.

  2. Under Income from self-employment, a business you own, or a profession (lawyer, accountant, etc.) and related expenses (vehicle, advertising, travel, etc.), click the Add This button.

  3. Select your province or territory of self-employment from the drop-down menu.

  4. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:


  5. Under the BUSINESS AND SELF-EMPLOYMENT INCOME heading, select the checkbox labelled Tax payable by an individual who carries on a business in Canada, outside Québec (TP-22-V), then click Continue.

  6. When you arrive at the page for form TP-22-V, enter your information into the tax software.