If you are a resident of Manitoba whose business is printing, assembling, or binding books, you might be able to claim the Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit. This refundable credit is equal to 15% of the eligible printing revenue you earned from a publisher during the year.
The books you’re producing must be:
- For a Canadian publisher and
- Eligible for the book publishing tax credit, or would be eligible if they were a first edition
Note: The publisher can be a resident anywhere in Canada, but can’t be related to you.
Remember to keep all your supporting documents in case the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) asks to see them later.
Where do I claim this?
Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in MANITOBA on December 31, 2017.
- On the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.
- Under the option Income from self-employment, a business you own, or a profession (lawyer, accountant, etc.) and related expenses (vehicle, advertising, travel, etc.), click the Add This button.
- Select your province or territory of self-employment.
- Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit, then click Continue.
- When you arrive at the page for the Manitoba cultural industries printing tax credit, enter your information into the tax software.