TP-358.0.1-V: Disability supports deduction (Québec residents)

If you have a disability and you paid for goods and services to support you during the year, you might be able to claim a deduction with the TP-358.0.1-V: Disability supports deduction.

Note: If you want to claim the federal disability supports deduction as well, complete the T929: Disability Supports Deduction form.

The disability support deductions you want to claim must:

  • Be paid in the year for which they are being claimed
  • Have allowed you to work, carry on a business, do research for which you received a grant, or attend school and
  • Not be included in medical expenses that you claimed on your, or someone else’s return

Note: In certain cases, you might be able to claim the refundable tax credit for medical expenses (which is different from the medical expenses tax credit). Refer to the Revenu Québec website for more information.  

What expenses can I claim?

There are several expenses you can claim, depending on your disability. Some of these, like sign-language interpretation or real-time captioning services, can be claimed without a prescription. Other expenses, like the cost of equipment designed to assist the visually impaired, might require a prescription or certification from your doctor. Visit the Revenu Québec website for a list of these expenses.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure that you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2017.

  1. Under the PREPARE tab, click the OTHER icon. You'll find yourself here:

  2. Under the DISABILITY-RELATED CARE heading, select the checkbox labelled Disability supports deduction (TP-358.0.1-V).
  3. When you arrive at the page for your Disability supports deduction, enter your information into the tax software.