As an employer, if you hired a trainee employee or a recent graduate this year, you might be able to claim the refundable Manitoba Paid Work Experience Credit.
To qualify, you must have paid salary or wages to:
- A co-op student under a qualifying work placement
- A qualifying youth who completed an approved youth work experience training program for employment with a registered employer or
- A qualifying graduate, a qualifying apprentice, or a qualifying journeyperson for a period of qualifying employment that ended in 2017
The tax credit is made up of the following components. Click the links below to find out more about your eligible benefit and how much you can claim.
- Youth work experience hiring incentive
- Co-op student hiring incentive
- Co-op graduate hiring incentive
- Apprentice hiring incentive
- Journeypersons hiring incentive
Where do I claim this?
Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:
Before you begin, make sure you’ve told us that you lived in Manitoba on December 31, 2017.
- Under the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.
- Add the option indicating you had income from self-employment and click Continue.
- Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You'll find yourself here:
- Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Manitoba paid work experience tax credit.
- When you arrive at the page for the Manitoba paid work experience tax credit, enter your information into the tax software.