TP-1029.9-V: Taxi Drivers and Taxi Owners – Citizens (Québec)

If you’re a taxi driver living in Québec, you can claim a refundable tax credit (up to a maximum of $569) by using the TP-1029.9.V form if:

  • you held a taxi driver’s permit but not a taxi owner’s permit at some point during the year or
  • you held a taxi driver’s permit and a taxi owner’s permit on December 31st, and for the portion of the year you held a taxi owner’s permit, you paid for less than 90% of the fuel costs for each taxi covered by a permit

If you’re a taxi owner or a member of a partnership that holds a taxi owner's permit in Québec, you can use the TP-1029.9.V form to claim a tax credit as long as you held at least one taxi owner’s permit on December 31st and you paid for 90% or more of the fuel costs for each taxi covered by a permit. The maximum credit you can receive is $569 per permit.

Note: If your taxi owner’s permit was issued in more than one person’s name, you’ll need to choose one person to be the sole permit holder on the TP-1029.9.V to claim the tax credit.

What is an interposed partnership and how is it different from a qualified partnership?

An interposed partnership is a partnership in which all members are individuals and a qualified partnership is one in which all members are corporations. An interposed partnership can be a member of a qualified partnership.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2017.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.

  2. Click the Add This button under the option indicating that you had employment expenses or that you had income from self-employment.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You will find yourself here:


  4. Under the CREDITS AND REBATES heading, select the checkbox labelled Tax credit for taxi drivers or taxi owners (TP-1029.9-V), then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for the Tax credit for taxi drivers or taxi owners, enter your information into the tax software.