Can I transfer my refund to next year’s instalment account?

Yes. If the type of income you earned requires that you pay your taxes in instalments throughout the year (for example, if you were self-employed), you can transfer this year’s tax refund to your instalment account. However, remember that the CRA requires you to transfer your refund amount in full; you can’t transfer a partial amount. 

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s Tax Software to transfer your 2017 refund amount to your instalment account:

  1. Under the PREPARE tab, click the REQUIRED icon.

  2. On the Instalments/interest page, select YES next to the question If you pay your taxes to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) by instalments (you make periodic tax payments), you can choose to transfer all your 2017 federal refund to your CRA instalment account for 2018. Do you want to transfer your refund?.