Did your mailing address change this year?

If you and/or your spouse or common-law partner moved during the year, you’ll need to update your mailing address with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec (if applicable) before you file your tax return. If you don’t, the old mailing address on file for you and/or your spouse will be used and you might not get certain documents or benefit payments on time.

Note: You can't change your or your spouse’s mailing address using NETFILE when you file your or your spouse's tax return.  

Changing your address with the CRA

There are several options you can use to update your information with the CRA:

  • Log in to the CRA’s My Account service (registration required) and click Change my address
  • Contact the CRA directly by calling 1-800-959-8281
  • Mail or fax a completed RC325: Address change request form to your tax centre or
  • Mail or fax a signed letter to the CRA that includes your social insurance number (SIN), new address, and moving date to your tax centre

Tax Tip: You can change someone else’s address at the same time as yours (for instance your spouse’s); simply include their name, SIN, and signature in the letter that you’re submitting.

Changing your address with Revenu Québec

You can update your mailing address with Revenu Québec by using one of following methods:

  • Log in to Revenu Québec’s My Account service (registration required) and click Change of Address or
  • Contact Revenu Québec directly by calling 1-800-267-6299

What’s the difference between using a home address and a mailing address?

Depending on your situation, it might be more convenient for you to receive mail and other correspondence at a location other than your home. For example, your mailing address is different than your home address if you choose to have your mail delivered to your place of work or the home of a family member or friend, rather than to your home.