How do I know if I need to prepare a T2 or not if I have a business?

If your business is incorporated (lnc., Ltd., or Co. at the end of the business name), you are a corporation and you need to file a T2: Corporation Income Tax Return every tax year.

The Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) states that all resident corporations (except tax-exempt Crown corporations, Hutterite colonies and registered charities) have to file a T2 return for every tax year, even if there is no tax payable.

Note: The T2 tax return is not available in H&R Block’s Online tax software. If this situation applies to you, click this link to find the retail office closest to you. Our Tax Experts will be happy to help you!

Where can I learn more?