Error code 186

You will see the following error message in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software if, you’re a resident of Saskatchewan and you entered a senior supplementary amount on the Your spouse’s return page that is more than the maximum transfer amount:

The senior supplement amount your spouse or common-law partner is transferring to you can’t be higher than $1292.00. Please correct the amount you entered. [error code: 186]

How do I fix this? 

To correct the error, return to the Your spouse’s return page and enter the correct senior supplementary amount that your spouse is transferring to you into the designated field. The maximum senior supplementary amount that can be transferred to you for the year is $1,292.

Note: The Your spouse’s return page can be found on the PREPARE tab under the REQUIRED icon. This page will only show if you and your spouse are preparing your returns separately.