Warning: Eligible income needed for moving expenses

You’ll see the following warning message in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software if, on the Moving expenses (T1-M) page, you reported moving expenses, but you didn’t enter the income you earned or received at the new work or study location:

Since you didn’t enter your net income in 2017 at your new workplace, you won’t be able to claim any moving expenses for 2017. If you forgot to enter this amount, you’ll need to go back and enter it.  [Warning]

How do I fix this?

To clear this warning, return to the Moving expenses page and enter the net income you earned or received (from employment or self-employment activities, or scholarships, bursaries, fellowships, research grants, and prizes) at the new location, into the designated field. 

Note: The Moving expenses page can be found on the PREPARE tab under the MOST POPULAR icon.