TP-64.3-V: General Employment Conditions

If you are a commissioned or salaried employee, you might have work-related expenses in 2017 that you can deduct from your income. While most employees can’t deduct their employment expenses (such as cost of gas to and from work), you might be eligible to deduct your work-related expenses if your employment contract states that you’re required to pay them yourself.

You’ll need to have your employer fill out the TP-64.3-V: General employment conditions form for you – this form will indicate which expenses you’re required to pay for. You can claim these expenses on the TP-59-V: Employment expenses of salaried employees and employees who earn commissions form. Be sure to keep the document your employer gave you in case Revenu Québec asks to see it later.

Note: Your employer will provide you with a T2200: Declaration of conditions of employment form which you’ll use claim some of your employment expenses when completing your federal return.

Where do I claim this?

Follow these steps in H&R Block’s 2017 tax software:

Before you begin, make sure you told us that you lived in Québec on December 31, 2017.

  1. On the PREPARE tab, click the IN THIS SECTION icon.

  2. Under Employment expenses (home office, tools, etc.), credits or deductions related to your job, and employment income that's not show on a slip (tips, royalties, etc.), click the Add This button.

  3. Click the EMPLOYMENT icon. You will find yourself here:


  4. Under the EXPENSES heading, select the checkbox labelled Employment expenses, then click Continue.

  5. When you arrive at the page for Employment expenses, enter your information into the tax software.