T2200: Declaration of Conditions of Employment

If your employer required you to pay for certain work-related expenses out of your own pocket, they’ll provide you with a completed and signed T2200: Declaration of Conditions of Employment form. You’ll need to use the information found on your T2200 to claim your employment expenses on the federal T777: Statement of Employment Expenses form in H&R Block’s tax software.

Note: If you’re a resident of Québec, your employer will provide you with a completed TP-64.3-V: General employment conditions form instead. 

The T2200 includes information about your employment conditions and details on the following work-related expenses that you might have been required to pay:

  • Travel expenses
  • Motor vehicle expenses
  • Expenses for office rent and/or work space in the home
  • Salary expenses for employing an assistant
  • Employment supplies

Note: Be sure to keep your completed T2200 on file in case the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) asks to see it at later.  As a rule, the CRA recommends that you keep supporting documents, like your T2200, for at least 6 years after you file your return.

Where can I learn more?