Note: The ability to print and mail your tax return will be available starting February 23rd, 2018.
If you’ve decided to mail-in a copy of your return instead of filing it electronically using NETFILE, your first step will be to download a PDF copy of your return. You’ll then be able to print it and send it to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and/or Revenu Québec. To do this:
- Click the FILE tab in H&R Block’s tax software.
- Select By Mail as your method of submission.
- Click the Mail-in Version button.
- When the warning dialog opens, click Continue, I Don’t Want to NETFILE this Return.
- A PDF copy of your return will automatically download to your computer.
If you’re using a PC, you can open the PDF by clicking the download icon that appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Click Start My Computer Downloads.
- In the Search Downloads field, search the filename of your return. It’ll be named similarly to the examples below:
If you’re using a Mac, you can open the PDF by clicking the download icon that appears at the bottom of your screen.
- Click File> New Finder Window > Downloads.
- In the Search field, enter the filename of your return. It’ll be named similarly to the examples below:
Once you’ve located and printed a copy of your return, you’re ready to mail it to your designated tax centre. To find out the address of your tax centre, refer to the CRA website. If you’re a resident of Québec, you can send your completed Québec return to one of the following addresses:
3800, rue de Marly
Québec (Québec) G1X 4A5
C.P. 3000, succursale Place-Desjardins
Montréal (Québec) H5B 1A4